Fleet Diary: Adventures of the Fleet Girls

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Memories... Of the Way We Were

I remember the time I borrowed Kartika's VCD of The Way We Were starring Barbara Streisand and Robert Redford. The only reason I wanted to watch this movie, which was shown during the 70s, was because it was the center of conversation in one of the episodes of Sex and the City. Carrie was comparing herself to Katie (Streisand) and Big to Hubble (Redford).

Unfortunately, I never liked it as much as Kartika did. But we still talked about the movie and about Katie and Hubble and we sing the movie's theme song most of the time. I never liked the movie but I love the song "The Way We Were". So I made it a point that this song will be part of the AVP we made for Kartika.

Memories
Like the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were

Just to reminisce about the good, ol' days, let's look back at Kartika's boo-boos:

Ita-itahan instead of Ati-Atihan
Nacho Fest instead of Nacho Fast
I'm FOUND of dogs instead of I'm FOND of dogs

O bawal ang pikon!

Kartika, we will surely miss you. Ngayon pa nga lang miss ka na namin. Wala na magdadala ng food for lunch and salsa for chips. No one will put eyeshadow on us during gimmicks and special events. Nabawasan na ang isang tao na asar kay Hugo. Nabawasan na ang barok sa Fleet. Pero nabawasan din ng maganda. Naks! I will surely miss you and all the adventures we had together such as sneaking off and going to CANS, lunch outs, shopping, or just plain hanging out here in the office and talking non-stop about mean things about mean people. I will also never forget the time we fought because of my pink blouse. It was definitely mababaw but it was one of our petty fights that made our bond stronger. =)

Well, the good thing about your leaving Fleet is that we can go on vacation together! See you real soon, Karts!

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

The Fleet Girls (Past and Present): Deanna, Maan, Leny, Connie, Kartika
So it is the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember
The way we were

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home